Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My latest obsession!

Well, B-fitters! I have been at it again! Scouring the shelves of my local market trying new products, all in the effort to keep us all trim, healthy and satisfied! Gone are the yester years when eating a steamed piece of chicken with a steamed side of broccoli was your only meal ticket to wearing those skinny jeans! Oh yes, I believe to eat healthy you need to eat BOLDLY! That is bold flavors that still tickle those tastebuds, just as those not so good for you foods do! So you stay full, satisfied and ready to take on the world, or at least not overindulge on cheesecake at your office Christmas party ;)
So here's my latest favorite: Lightlife Smart Grounds!

Yep, this vegan product (no animals here) is a textured soy protein that mimicks the taste and texture of ground beef, without being so "tofu-eee" ;) Ya know what I mean? It's a great substitute for ground meats in your tacos, huevos rancheros (I had that this morning) casseroles, and dips! I am telling you, meat lovers and meat free-ers will not know the difference because the texture and flavor is ALL there! Not to mention you get a generous portion; 1/3cup for only 70 calories and 11g of protein! And because you are not eating meat, NO CHOLESTEROL! Yes, even those ground chicken and ground turkey products have fat and cholesterol. So why not give it a go? I haven't steared you wrong yet, have I? Oh don't answer that, just try it!
And P.S. Season it and sautee it in a pan as you would any meat, for instance I used taco seasoning for my huevos rancheros this morning! It was sooooo delicious that I am still dancing around saying O'le!

Check out all the Lightlife products here, and aim to go "meat-free" once a week :)  http://www.lightlife.com/Vegan-Food-Vegetarian-Diet

No comments:

Post a Comment