Tuesday, December 4, 2012

So I went to McDonald's......

All in the name of research, I say! I set forth though the Mcdonald's drive-thru this morning, all for you! Why you ask? Have you heard of the new "egg white delight"? Yep, Mcdonald's is touting a new healthier alternative to your on the go breakfast, and well did they get a passing grade? YES! All the flavor and warmth and delightful deliciousness I was looking for, and with only 260 calories, you can't beat it!
It's a lowfat english muffin with an egg white, one slice of cheese, and once slice of canadian bacon, simple and straightforward. Now I'm not saying eat one everyday; variety is the spice of life, right? And when you eat out too much, you can't control your sodium levels. And besides yoru whole grain cereal and fruit plate would get jealous if you just left them behind. BUT if you are on the go, running late (that was me today!) or just plain tooooo hungry to wait to get home and cook something, this is a great way to keep with your healthy B-FIT4U lifestyle!
And do me a favor, don't pair it with a diet soda like the I heard the woman in front of me order; have we not learned our lesson yet that fake sugar is ruining our bodies?? If you need a caffeine fix, go for a simple coffee or hot tea. And if you're shaking your head no right now and mumbling, "but I love my diet soda"...well don't worry I'll break you eventually with my constant chatter on how BAD IT IS FOR YOU! Now go forth and be healthy, it's a brand new day, go get it! ~FoodieGIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment