Monday, October 28, 2013

Bagel, Bagel, BAGEL!

Oh the BAGEL! I know you want one, and I know you're thinking, is this nutrition coach crazy?? I mean that thing is full of calories and carbs!! I will never be able to eat a bagel. WHAT??
 
Ok, half true, but never eat a bagel??? 
 Dear My B-fitters,
I am a "staggering carb" kinda gal! That is moderation is my golden rule! Listen up! I don't want you to deprive yourself of things....that is a fast slippery slope to overeating!! And UGH, that never feels good to anyone!!
SOOO here's my thing, you want to eat a bagel, do it! Just "stagger" those carbs the rest of the day!! SO here's how it goes....
This afternoon, have a salad instead of a sandwich for lunch. When dinner rolls around, no big bowl of pasta tonight, try a lean protein, lots of veggies and small carb, like a little sweet potato. You see you don't have to feel guilty when you eat something. You need to eat it in moderation, and stagger your other food choices throughout the day. That's easy enough, right?
 
 
And here's one of my favorite bagels...LENDER'S Hearty Grains Bagel.
The calories are right there, so you know exactly what you're getting (210-250 depending on which variety you choose) AND it has 53g of whole grains!! YES! Something your body needs!
 
 
Happy Eating B-Fitters!~FoodieGIRL

No comments:

Post a Comment