Friday, April 13, 2012

Preggers-Let's talk nutrition for baby


See that picture of me to the right? Ya know the "about me" portion of this blog. Well that's me alright, but not at the moment. You see I am pregnant, (picture to the left) 6 months to be exact and I can't think of a better time to B--FIT, not only for me, but for the sweet baby, right? Now I don't intend for this blog to be all about pregnancy,(promise lots of food makeovers and recipes to come in the next few weeks) but I think to be fair to my readers, it's important for me to mention what I am doing to stay healthy while I am on this wonderful journey to new life. Cause if you talk the talk, you must walk the walk, wouldn't you say?. And I can't think of a better time than, pregnancy, to B-FIt4U (and sweet baby)
SURE I've been there, morning sickness, cravings, etc, but using pregnancy as a license to be unhealthy is crazy! Sure I indulge...at the moment Lay's potato chips doused (and I mean dripping!) in hot sauce is something that if you tried to tell me "no don't eat that!" I might bite your finger off! But for all my "ying" there is a "yang" and nutrition is at the forefront of my thoughts. Exercising portion control is key when weight gain (and those darn cravings!) are imminent during pregnancy. So before you go tripping down the sweets, chips, and greasy foods aisle of your supermarket, here's food for thought, if your baby was already out in the world, would you feed him/her all that sugar, fat and sodium? Certainly not. So I am taking this time to B-FIT4-ME and for baby. I know my body and mind will thank me later. And who doesn't want to ceremoniously announce to the world on Facebook, after baby..... "I fit in my skinny jeans, again!" :)

1 comment: