Monday, August 27, 2012

OOOH LA LA, RICE PUDDING!

Ooooh LA LA, RICE PUDDING! It's makes me swoooooon with delight! It really does! And when I can make a quick and easy version of it, AND make it low in fat, and full of fiber, well I am doubly excited about it! Let's start with a little confession......I DO NOT like brown rice.......yep I said it. I try and try, I make it a dozen different ways, as it's sooooo much better for you than it's cousin, white rice. But alas, it does nothing for me. Well, that is until I made the brown rice into.....drum roll please.......RICE PUDDING! Talk about sneaky healthy, it was great!! And  my tastebuds were none the wiser that I was doing something good for them by supplying them with a healthier version of it's favorite. SO with that said, here's my better for you rice pudding (with brown rice and coconut milk) ENJOY!

COCONUT RICE PUDDING


1 cup brown rice

1 can (Approx. 13.6 ounces) Coconut Milk (not light version)
2 cups Water

2 tablespoons Pure Vanilla Extract

1 tablespoon Cinnamon

¼ cup Agave Nectar (or Honey)



In a medium saucepan, combine the rice, coconut milk, and water. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and simmer until all the liquid is absorbed into the rice.
Add the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and agave nectar and stir to combine. Taste and add any extra vanilla extract or cinnamon according to your taste level. Can be served hot or cold, and lovely with a bit sprinkle of cinnamon and a strawberries on top!
240 calories  for a 3/4cup serving

No comments:

Post a Comment