Thursday, October 18, 2012

INSPIRATION thursday!

Prepared to be INSPIRED! We're back with INSPIRATION Thursday!and today we are privileged to sit down and talk with one of our readers, Rachel. A hardworking mom of 3, Rachel found, like so many of us, that caring for others left her with little time to focus on herself. After the birth of her third child just this year, Rachel decided that she needed to make herself and her health a priority. Currently in the midst of her journey to better fitness and health ,we had the privilege to hear her story, and share it with you! Let's get INSPIRED!

In her own words.........

Rachel, 35 years old. Mother of 3. Youth Care Counselor at Volunteers of America (VOA)
Favorite Hobby: reading and writing.
Favorite Quote: It's not what you are called but what you answer to.

"The turning point in my life that I needed to get healthy was in 2009 when I was diagnoised with Lupus. I heard of it but I never knew what it was initially and what it all consisted of. I am very much tired all the time and in pain most days. I knew that being an athlete, I needed to get this unwanted weight off so I could do simple things like run around with my children.

To lose weight I have changed my eating habits. Fast foods are minimal.... very minimal. I eat more vegetables with each meal. I have dropped sodas and drink juices with fruit, no sugar, and of course, I have the recommended 8 glasses of water a day!

I was not and am not on any mediacations. I just want to be fit and healthier. I walk 3 to 5 miles every 2 days, if my schedule permits.


I havent adopted a certain exercise into my life, BUT I do play a lot of basketball. That alone produces a lot of sweat. I have also added red wine to my dinner. I was told a glass of red wine a day is very healthy.

A typical day of eating for me used to be horrible. I missed breakfast because Im usually getting my children ready for school and taking the dog out. Now I make sure I eat a bowl of cereal. My cereal of choice is WHEAT CHEX...No More Whole Milk. I tend to eat 6 small meals a day. Whether it be slices of fruit, cheese, or a yogurt."



Rachel, from all of us at B-FIT4U, thank you for sharing your journey! Keep up the amazing work! I think your smile says it all~You're on your way!!
~FoodieGIRL

Before                                                                                        After

No comments:

Post a Comment