Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What is your time of day?

Did you know that you're overeating habitually at the same time everyday? Yes, if you find yourself binging it usually will happen around the same time everyday. Identifying when this happens and the triggers that make it happen, will help you to stop the madness! Ok, maybe it's not all complete madness, but here's a for instance..................3pm, I am always hungry at 3pm. It's 2 hours before I start making dinner and yet seems a world away from dinnertime, and so it's very easy to start grazing through the cabinets. But as you well know, grazing  often fills you up with empty calories, no satisfaction, and therefore before you know it, you're overating, and it's not even dinner yet! SO because I have identified this time of day as my "trouble area", I always have a small meal on hand. That way, grazing is not an option. Even in the busy busy of the day, I will take at least 10 minutes to sit, savor and enjoy that little meal (usually a bowl of soup and whole grain crackers, or a hard boiled egg, side of fruit and whole grain toast) So I am not eating a large meal before dinner, nor am I eating over my calories for the day, BUT I am satisfying my hunger with a good for you "small meal" .
 So watch your eating habits this week and try and find your "trouble area". What triggers your overating? Are you tired? Stressed? Did you forget a healthy breakfast? Are you just thirsty?
Then have a plan to push away those habits of "grazing" by having a good for you, fast "small meal" on hand to get you through until your next mealtime.

Reasons for often overeating at some point during the day:
(See if you identify with one of these people)

The "never eat breakfast" person
The "skip lunch" person
The "eat all my calories at dinner" person
The "afternoon grazer"
The "after dinner grazer"
The "midnight snacker"

No comments:

Post a Comment